The Canucks are finished in 2006... Yesss!
That kind of talk won't get me too many friends in this country, let alone out here in Bertuzziland, BC.
I don't care. I'm not upset that the Vancouver Canucks didn't make the playoffs. Actually, I'm kind of happy about it. Thanks, San Hose Sharks, for driving that last nail into the coffin.
Growing up in Winnipeg, it was impossible for me to really get into watching the sport. I never understood why legions of fans would waste their time watching the Jets lose game after game after game.
Of course, the Jets' record eventually was their downfall; even the most loyal kind of fan will soon grow tired of losing. The only time the arena ever got sold out was for playoff games, in the rare season when the Jets would squeak into the Stanley Cup hunt - and there were usually only five or six of those before the home town heroes got their pucks handed to them yet again, just in time for an extended golf season.
When I moved to Vancouver, I was optimistic about finally living in a city with a respectable hockey team. There was a different attitude here. With the help of their Russian and European ringers, the team would surely be taking home the Cup - if not this year, then the next.
It's been six years now (well, only five seasons, because of that strike a while back by our hard-done-by multi-millionaire players). Nothing has happened.The Canucks are the Jets are the Coyotes.
I'm looking forward to several months of hockey-less entertainment. No more sitting around a bar four four hours, watching a big screen while my legs cramp up and my belly distends from beer and pizza. I've got better things to do.
To the fans who are seriously heartbroken about the home team's tragedy, I am truly sorry. Better luck next year.
Go, Jets, go!
tags: I hate hockey, hockey sucks, puck off, too bad so sad, Winnipeg Jets

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home