Confession of a technophobe
I'm basically pretty dumb when it comes to technology.Yeah, I know, I've been working with my blog for a little while, now. I've learned a few tricks (In the words of a friend, I may know just enough to be dangerous).
But then, there are tens of millions of blogs already out there, just counting the ones uploaded from this continent. That doesn't even count the personal home page that lots of people have had for years already, even if they rarely update them (Virtually every South Korean old enough to type has their own site on Daum.net).
A Newsweek article pasted onto MSN today and then blabbed about on the Urban Vancouver site that I occasionally contribute to reminded me just how far I am behind the technology curve.
It was actually a well-written article, even inspiring, in a way. The writer raved about how the evolving viral nature of the Net is creating all sorts of new opportunities for cashing in, or at the very least, getting yourself famous. One Vancouver couple that almost accidentally developed a photo storage application, Flickr (which I only became vaguely aware of about two months ago) sold their creation to Yahoo! for an insane amount of money. Internet startups are mushrooming to take advantage of the potential gold rush.
Meanwhile, I was trying to set up a web cam so I can talk online with my family - technology that's been around for years already. And I couldn't even get it to work. Hopefully, I'll make it happen tomorrow - with a little help from my already-plugged-in relatives via the old trusty phone. See you soon, guys soon!
In the meantime, check out these funny little sites I discovered - Ask a Ninja and a live-action video of the introduction to the Simpsons (still one of my favorite shows, after what must be like a hundred million seasons). I have yet to upload my first podcast, but I can definitely appreciate the great stuff that people a little more advanced than I have been able to make. Enjoy.
tags: technophobe, blogger, blogs, web 2.0, Ask a Ninja, live action Simpsons, podcast

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home