Did I say vile? I meant, style...ish... yeah, that's it!
Canada's Liberal Party just keep taking flak for shooting their mouths off about the recent shooting war in the Middle East.The latest casualty is Thomas Hubert, a local blogger and BC Young Liberal communications vice president, who wrote that "History will remember Hezbollah as an organization that stood up to the most vile nation in human history" and that Israel is "a state that survives on the blood of innocent people", among other things. He has since resigned his position and his website reads, "The longwalk.ca is currently under revision and restructuring. If any previous comments made on this blog were offensive to anyone, please accept the apologies of longwalk.ca."
Hubert is only 17, so he can and should be forgiven, assuming his apology is sincere (and there is no reason to suspect that it isn't). I believed a great number of stupid, offensive things at that age and no doubt would have published them had blogging been so easy in the early '90s. It's a terrible thing to have one's reputation tarnished before life really begins.
Sadly, the recent Hezbollah-Israel conflict is bringing out the worst in a lot of people (especially Liberals, it seems) who would otherwise have no motive or opportunity to shame themselves with their own ignorance.
As an aside, the idiots who started the war now claim they never even saw it coming. Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah said the following in a TV interview aired today, "We did not think, even 1 percent, that the capture would lead to a war at this time and of this magnitude. You ask me, if I had known on July 11 ... that the operation would lead to such a war, would I do it? I say no, absolutely not."
Oops. Next time, think before launching rocket attacks and suprise raids on soldiers across a fortified border. Who knew that kind of stuff actually started wars?
tags: Liberal Party Canada, Hezbollah apologist, Thomas Hubert, anti-Israel bias, Sheik Nasrallah

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home