Jonathon Narvey's COMM CENTRE

VANCOUVER . WEST COAST . CANADA . INTERNATIONAL . POLITICS . CULTURE . COMMENTARY . BLOGGING . ARTICLES . PHOTOS

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I'm on top of the world

In a world of over six billion people, I am number one.

My younger sister (#4 in the world) and my Dad (#8 in the world) are close behind and in close contention for the number one spot. (There's also a lute-playing Benjamin Narvey living in Paris who's bearded face looks suspiciously similar to mine in the number one ranking for Narvey image searches - but I don't actually know him.) Nice going, folks! Thanks for helping put our name out there.

According to Google, I am the most visible Narvey in the known universe as determined by search engine rankings. While this might not be as big an accomplishment as being the number one Smith or Park or Zhao, it's still quite cool. In a family of very accomplished people, it's an honor to be first in something - even if it's for having a website that gets just over 30 hits on a good day.

I'll be expecting the Sam Sullivan to call from the Vancouver City Hall any time, now. Perhaps I'll get an invitation from our Governor General, Michaelle Jean, to speak in the House of Commons? Or, dare I dream, an Order of Canada?

Any time now, I'm sure.

Hold your heads high, Narvey's. One day soon, drivers' license registration staff will know how to spell our name without asking. No longer will telemarketers mispronounce the "N" as an "H". The day is coming when "Narvey" will be as well known as "Pitt" or "Jolie".

Narvey's of the world, unite!

tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home