Jonathon Narvey's COMM CENTRE

VANCOUVER . WEST COAST . CANADA . INTERNATIONAL . POLITICS . CULTURE . COMMENTARY . BLOGGING . ARTICLES . PHOTOS

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Op-Ed in Vancouver Sun

I promise, this is my last post about Vancouver's social ills, for at least 48 hours.

Regular readers will be well informed about my new neighborhood's struggle to protect itself against creeping signs of decay.

Another meeting about church-run programs catering to the hungry and homeless and its potential effect on our living space is scheduled for this Thursday. I plan to be there, if only as an observer.

I sent in a little piece about the last meeting to the Vancouver Sun. I promptly heard back from them that my opinion would be published the following week, which was flattering. But I never did see my piece in the paper, and the article was invisible to repeated Google searches - so I just assumed that my comment had been cut for lack of space in a busy news cycle.

Oops.

It actually did go in to the online version of the Vancouver Sun - nearly two weeks ago - and I only learned of it after a reader was nice enough to comment on the piece and send me an email.

For those who might care to read it, I've posted it on my business site, WRITEIMAGE, with a few of my other less recent writing samples here. If you would like to see the version they actually used and happen to have a subscription to the Vancouver Sun, you can check it here.

Thanks for reading, and thanks even more for your comments and emails, people. Keep them coming.

tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home