Help victims of the Indonesia quake
Help is on its way.Like at many businesses around Vancouver, my work colleagues and employer did some fundraising at the school for the victims of the earthquake that hit Indonesia on May 27.
I don't know the final tally yet for how much we collected for the Red Cross, but I do know that at least one student gave $45. That's not spare change, and for students on a strict budget, it's pretty impressive.
I'm always inspired by those people around me who have the focus of mind to step up when bad news happens to other people. It's so much better than just talking about it. Good work, people.
The Canadian Red Cross is supporting preliminary efforts with a donation of $600,000 to its International and Red Crescent counterparts. Funds raised to To learn how to donate, click here.
tags: Vancouver, Canada, Indonesia, earthquake, 2006, Red Cross, Red Crescent, donation, fundraising

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home